PRODUCTION LAPPING CO., INC. Purchase Order Terms and Conditions
The following quality requirements apply to every purchase order issued by Production Lapping. Additional requirements may apply in accordance with our customers’ requirements as stated on the actual purchase order. Should you have any questions or require clarification, it is your responsibility to contact us.
- Right Of Entry – You are required to grant Production Lapping, our customers and regulatory authorities access to applicable areas of your facility, and those of your sub-tiers involved in the fulfillment Production Lapping purchase orders and applicable records to ensure compliance with all applicable requirements.
- Confidentiality – As a supplier of PLC you shall comply with all ITAR requirements. Any information received verbally or documented must be in confidence, no drawings shall be shared or copied and no third-party request for information will be authorized unless approved in writing by PLC personnel.
- Revision Level – All processing/service associated with Production Lapping purchase orders must be performed in accordance with the latest specification revision unless specifically requested.
- Nonconforming Product – You are required to notify Production Lapping of any nonconforming product as result of your process/service. Nonconforming product must not be further processed without written authorization.
Immediate notification must be made, of any process or product discrepancy discovered or suspected after delivery, in writing to prevent further processing and/or delivery of nonconforming product to Production Lappings customer(s).
- Counterfeit Policy – All suppliers of PLC need to have a provision document to ensure suspect or confirmed fraudulent/counterfeit parts are physically identified, segregated from known good parts, and placed in quarantine.
- Awareness – All suppliers of PLC shall be aware of their contribution to our company’s QMS and shall ensure that all records are up to date with the validation of competence of employees producing goods/services for PLC. Suppliers of PLC shall ensure persons are aware of their contribution to product or services conformity through documented training, safety training and the importance of maintain good ethical behavior.
- Discrepancies – You are required to notify Production Lapping when there is a discrepancy in piece count and/or any parts of our requirements are unclear.
- Process Changes – You are required to notify Production Lapping if any quality requirements cannot be met as stated on the purchase order, or if any process changes are made (i.e. specification changes or later revisions, material substitution, etc).
- Sub-Tier Controls – You are required to flow down all applicable purchase order requirements, including key characteristics, to sub-tier suppliers when applicable. Production Lapping must have previous knowledge and approval of all (sub-tier) suppliers used for our product.
- Documentation – You are required to provide documented proof of processing and/or material traceability (process certification, mill report, physical and or chemical test results, etcs.) with each and every shipment/order. All records for PLC must be retained for a minimum of 10 years, after the retention period all dispositions of retained records need to be approved or returned to PLC.
- Eye Exam Requirements – Inspectors and third-party calibration technicians must ensure annual eye examinations are received, documented and available upon request from PLC personnel.
- Records – You are required to retain process records, certifications and test reports for a minimum of 10 Years unless another specific, documented agreement has been made. These records must be made available for review buy request of Production Lapping, our customers and regulatory authorities in accordance with contract or regulatory requirements.
- Traceability – Certificates of Conformance or Process Certifications must identify the Part Number, Revision or Issue, Purchase Order Number, Quantity, Production Lapping Job Number, all relevant Specification with Revisions and Material Heat Number when known; contain the name, title, date, and signature of issuer.
- Handling – Product must be handled, stored and packaged to prevent damage or deterioration.
- For Calibration Soruces – You are required to comply with the requirements of ANSI/NCSL Z540, ISO 10012 OR ISO 17025. All certicate(s) of calibration must reflect compliance and include as-received calibration results. Also, annual eye examination for calibration technicians annually color test once and kept on file, and depth testing annually.
- FOREIGN MATERIAL SOURCE – When required by contract, raw material must be certified as domestic from mill in a qualified country as listed on the Bilateral Airworthiness Agreement (BAA) and/or DFARS paragraphs 252.225-7014 ALT 1 and 225.872-1. See one of the following websites for complete listing of authorized countries:
- Approved Process Suppliers – You must maintain a Nadap Certification and notify Production Lapping of any changes in approval status. You may have been delegated process and inspection authority to ensure all applicable process and material specifications are met and documented accordingly. You are required, upon request, to demonstrate and provide evidence of your process to planned results and establish arrangements for the process including:
- Defined criteria for review and approval of the process (qualification and approval of special processes prior to use)
- Approval of equipment and qualifications of personnel
- Use of specific methods and procedures (control of the significant operations and parameters of special process in accordance with the documented process specifications and changes thereto)
- Requirements for records